Orthopaedics is the advancements in technology are such today, that when a body joint is lacking in its natural lubricant, causing arthritis pain and decreased mobility, it can be safely corrected. Mobility is a gift which deteriorates with age, but being dependent on others is a route many patients with knee or hip problems want to avoid. Your body may not be the fast machine it once was in producing the natural lubricative fluids to support your moving joints, but knowing that orthopedic products are safe and easy to use, can give you the medical reassurance you need.
Gels are administered by your medical professional to bring back the cushioned lubricant support at your knee joints. Completely biodegradable, Hyaluronic Acid is a special formula which imitates the natural lubricant fluid in your body – safely broken down by your body’s metabolism, leaving no nasty side effects behind.
- Diagnosis of your injury or disorder
- Treatment with medication, exercise, casting, surgery or other options
- Rehabilitation by recommending exercises or physical therapy to restore movement, strength and function
- Prevention with information and treatment plans to prevent injury or slow the progression of disease
While orthopaedics surgeons are familiar with all aspects of the musculoskeletal system, many orthopaedists specialize in certain areas, such as the foot and ankle, spine, shoulder, hand, hip or knee. They may also choose to focus on specific fields like pediatrics, trauma or sports medicine. Some orthopaedic surgeons may specialize in several areas.
Your orthopaedics surgeon is a medical doctor with extensive training in the proper diagnosis and treatment of injuries and diseases of the musculoskeletal system. He or she has completed up to 14 years of formal education, including:
- Four years of study in a college or university
- Four years of study in medical school
- Five years of training in an orthopaedic residency at a major medical center
- One or two optional years of fellowship in a specialized area
Showing 1–12 of 23 results